Thursday, August 19, 2010

My 10 yr. reunion!

On August 7th I had my 10 year high school reunion. Whoa, I can't believe it has been 10 years! I had to scan some pictures into my computer so that they could be printed out to have on display at our reunion, and just going back through all those pictures, sometimes it feels like it was just yesterday. We had our reunion at Lester's in Orange Beach, AL b/c no one wanted to have it in Monroeville since there is nothing to do there. Rob and I left Troy around 2:30 saturday afternoon to head towards Orange Beach, a good 3, 31/2 hour drive. As soon as we get on I65 right outside of Greenville, we were stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. We actually had our car in park on I65 for an hour. We were thinking the whole time how we were not going to make it down there in time, it started at 7 and last til 9. Luckily after an hour traffic started moving so we ended up making it to the reunion in time, we were actually some of the first people there.



Some people I hadn't seen in 10 years, others I had seen but not in a long time. I was so excited to see my best friend Stephanie, we have been friends since the 3rd grade. She lives in Virginia now, so I rarely get to see her. Some people looked the same and some people looked a little different, mainly it was people voices/accents that had changed. We all enjoyed visiting with everyone. Right before we all left we had to get a group picture just so we could see how people have changed in 10 years. Everyone wanted to go out somewhere after we left Lester's so we went to this place called Rum Runners which has dueling pianos which was fun. Rob and I stayed just a little bit and then we headed back to Troy. We didn't get back to Troy until 3:30 am. We were exhausted. I am glad I went, it was a lot of fun to see everyone. It will be interesting to see where everyone is and what everyone looks like in the next 10 years.



 Look at how we have changed! This is Me and my best friend Stephanie!


2 comments:

  1. How fun@ and a great idea to have in Orange Beach! I cant believe you guys drove back to Troy after that! dang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it Laura, it was a long trip back home, but we just didn't want to pay for a room for not even one whole night so we just opted to drive back. Luckily Rob went so we just kept each other company (and awake) on the trip back home!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS