Monday, August 10, 2009

Sister Weekend!

"Sisters by Birth, Friends by choice"
My sister Sara and I headed out Friday afternoon headed towards Birmingham. We went up there to visit our sister Anna and have a Sister weekend. We got there late Friday afternoon and just hung around the house. Stefanie Long an old family friend stopped by and it was so great to see her so we all visited for a few. Friday evening around 7 we went and ate at Chez Fonfon, a wonderful French restaurant.After our wonderful meal, our bellies were full and we were headed to see a movie. It started at 10:05 and we didn't get out till 12:30, and yes i know it is hard for you to believe, the people who know me, that I stayed up for the late movie. We saw Julie & Julia and it was a great movie, it made me want to go home and cook, well not really but it was a good idea anyway. It was a cute movie and if you haven't seen it you really should.

We woke up Saturday morning and went to Lowe's to look at tile and bathtubs for me because Rob and I are redoing our guest bathroom and then Anna had to get some heavy duty hooks to hang up her new mirror. After Lowe's we went to visit my grandmother, she had just gotten new carpet in her apartment and we had to help her get things put back in order since she can't see very well. After that visit we headed to pick up Cole at his parents house because they had just gotten back from the beach. Saturday night Sara met up with her old roommate Casey for dinner and Anna, Cole & I headed to dinner at this wonderful sushi restaurant called Jinsei, if you love sushi then this is the place to go, it was great!
Sunday I got up before anyone else and was talking to Rob on the phone when I heard a knock at Anna & Cole's door. They were getting their new tv delivered and Best Buy had said they would deliver it between 9 and 11 on Sunday, but the knock at the door was at 8:20 so they decided to deliver it early. I opened to door and the stinkin' alarm system went off. I am not used to anyone having an alarm system and I totally forgot they had one. I didn't know what to do, I could just picture in my head all these cop cars surrounding the house. Anna came running out to turn it off and then the alarm company called to make sure everything was ok. Needless to say, everyone in the house was awake now.
We had such a wonderful weekend. I always love when I get to spend some time with my sisters. I hope we do it again very soon. I hope that everyone who reads my blog had a great weekend as well.

1 comment:

  1. I agree we need to do it again very soon. Oh wait, we are! We'll be down there in a couple of weeks. Granted, the boys will be with us, but that's ok.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS