Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A look back on my pregnancy with Baby #2


Yes, I know I have been away for a while. I just haven't had the time to sit down and blog lately.

 Let's see, the last time I updated we found out that Baby Mosley #2 was going to be a girl. I want to blog a little about my pregnancy because I did the same with Jack and I love going back and reading and seeing what my pregnancy was like with him.

This pregnancy started off just the same as Jack's, I had no sickness and felt good. As this pregnancy progressed, I noticed things were a little different. She was sitting lower than Jack, therefore I had to go to the bathroom more frequently also I had a lot more pressure which made me a little sore. Towards the end of my pregnancy I was very uncomfortable, tired and sore. I did a really bad job this time taking belly bump pictures. Here are the few that I did take.



Here is a belly bump comparison. On the left I was 30wks pregnant with Jack and on the right I'm 30wks pregnant with Alice :).


When we found out that I was pregnant we started talking about names before we knew the sex of the baby. We already had two girl names picked out but we had a harder time coming up with another boy name. Well as you know we didn't need another boy name. As soon as we found out this baby was a girl, we talked over the two names that we had picked out. After a few days our little girl had a name.

I absolutely love classic names and I think Alice is such a classic. Alice of course after me, and I am named after my great aunt Alice who is still around at the age of 102. She has always been big and special part of our lives. Christine is after Rob's grandmother, my grandmother's sister was also named Christine. I just love family names. Both of my children are named after special people in both our families. I am just in love with baby girls name!

We talked to Jack a lot about sister and he would point to my belly and say "sister in mommy's belly" "sister growing". He would also give my belly kisses and say "hey sister". As it got toward the end of my pregnancy there were a few things that I had a hard time doing with Jack. I was always the one to put him to bed every night but it got hard for me to get in and out of his bed, so Rob started putting him to bed. I tried to spend as much time and do as much as I could with him before sister came into our lives. I knew it was going to be a big change for him!

When I was pregnant with Jack I had his nursery and everything ready by the time I was 28-30wks with him. I procrastinated a lot this time around. The second pregnancy you just don't have as much time. Around 34ish weeks I finally got her nursery pretty much all put together minus just a few little things, I also got all of her clothes washed and hung in the closet. I will post pictures of her nursery soon!

Like I said before, I had a great pregnancy both times. This pregnancy I ate a lot of Rice Krispies, with Jack's pregnancy I ate Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I don't know what it is with me and cereals when I'm pregnant.
I went for my 36 week check up with baby girl and had already made some progress. When I was 36wks with Jack I had already made progress too. Rob and I decided that weekend to get a babysitter and go to dinner, we figured it would be the last time we could get away just the two of us before we had two kiddos.

Headed to dinner w/my hubby!!
I went back for my 37 week check up and had made even more progress, we just knew she could come any day. I had always heard that your second comes faster! By my 38 week check up I had made a little bit more progress and I had a feeling that she would be coming pretty soon. The rest of this story will be for another post, Alice's birth story.

I am so very thankful to have good and healthy pregnancies. We have a hard time getting pregnant but once pregnant everything goes so smoothly. I am so so blessed with both of my miracle children and I'm so excited to watch them grow up together. I am so thrilled to have the best of both worlds, a boy and a girl.






2 comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS