Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Alice's birth story


Let's see, where do I start?! I went for my 38 week check up on Friday March 7th. I had made a little more progress from my last appointment so we knew she could come at any time. On that Friday I was 38 weeks 2 days pregnant. I went back to work that day and worked all day. That afternoon I was having a pretty good bit of Braxton Hicks contractions but nothing painful. By that evening I knew I was having contractions, not painful yet but very noticeable. Rob and I already had our bags packed but he went ahead and packed our last minute things just in case we were going to be heading to the hospital that night. I really didn't want her to come that night bc I knew if she did, we were going to have to wake Jack up and take him with us to the hospital. I had contractions pretty much all night off and on but we made it until the next day. We woke up Saturday and did our usual. Rob was ready to go to the hospital the minute we woke up, but I told him I didn't think we needed to go yet. I was still having contractions but still nothing painful and they weren't that close together.

We went about our morning. We got our showers and went to Walmart to do a little grocery shopping just in case we would be heading to the hospital. While in Walmart I had a few contractions that made me stop in the middle of the aisle. At that point Rob was getting antsy and ready to go on to the hospital. He asked me what was going to have to happen to make me want to go on to the hospital. I told him that I would just know. We got home and played outside with Jack for a little bit and then I told him we could go on to the hospital and get checked out because I was having more and more contractions. My wonderful friend Holly took Jack home with her to play with Maggie. We did not want him to have to go stay at the hospital all afternoon with us. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful friend. While we were at the hospital I got this picture from Holly. I knew he was having a good time :).


On the way to the hospital my contractions were coming more frequent and getting a little more painful. We walked into the hospital and got signed in. I still wasn't sure if I would be admitted or not. We got to a room and settled around 1:30 that afternoon. The nurse came in to check me and she told us that I would definitely be having a baby that day. We then proceeded to call everyone and let them know what was going on. I was 38 weeks 3 days pregnant. I was the same when I went into labor with Jack, how crazy is that?!

At this point my water had not broken. The nurse called my doctor to let her know what was going on and she said she would be up to the hospital shortly to break my water. If you remember when I was pregnant with Jack, my water broke on it's own. They told me we would probably have a baby by that evening.

Ready to go! Waiting on our daughter!
My sister Anna headed to Troy to pick up Jack and stay at the house with him. My mom then called and said she would head to Troy so that Anna could come to the hospital. Then in the middle of all of this my brother in law Cole headed to Troy with their kiddos so that mom and Anna could be at the hospital…haha. I am so lucky to have such wonderful family.

The picture above was after I had my epidural. I was in some serious pain and I am so thankful for epidurals. The nurse had told me that if we hadn't come to the hospital when we did that I wouldn't have been able to get the epidural. Now that is scary, so thankful we made it in time!! Around 4 that afternoon my doctor came in and broke my water and told me that it wouldn't be long before baby girl made her appearance. I called everyone again to give them an update and to let them know she would be here sooner than expected.


9cm - we are ready!!

Once she broke my water it was only about 30 minutes and baby girl was on her way! I felt a lot of pressure this time around. With Jack I felt nothing. Once I started pushing I only pushed 3 times and baby girl was here!! Everyone was right, your second baby does come fast!

The doc broke my water at 4 and by 4:45 she was here. None of our family made it to the hospital in time. We all figured she wouldn't be here until later that evening.

Alice Christine Mosley was born March 8, 2014 at 4:45 p.m. weighing 6 lbs and was 19in long. We are so incredibly blessed!!

With our girl!

We are both so in love with our precious baby girl!!






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS