Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Vacation 2009

** Just to warn you, this is probably going to be a long post and be prepared for lots of pictures. I might make 2 posts out of it.**


Well, we are back from vacation. We went to our beach house in Destin, FL. for 10 days. We left heading to Destin Thursday July 9th and came home Sunday July 19. It was such a nice getaway! My parents and sister were down there the first weekend we were there and then Rob, Allie and I stayed the rest of the week. The following weekend some of our friends came down. The first weekend started off with my dad wanting to put in a new hot water heater at the house b/c the one there was over 20 yrs. old and we didn't want it busting and flooding the house while we weren't there. Well of course Rob was there to help. They spent all day Friday and most of Saturday putting that thing in. It was definitely a job but at least Rob was there to help.

Friday evening we all got a drink and headed down to our dock to watch one of the many beautiful sunsets.

Saturday we went to and early dinner for my birthday. We ate at a great place called Guglielmo's, it's an Italian and seafood restaurant and it was delicious. Then we went back to the house and mom went ahead and let me open presents. My birthday really wasn't til Sunday. I got a great scrapbook that my mom had put together for me and Rob. It had some of our baby pictures up to when we started dating and she is also giving me another one filled with all of our wedding festivities. My mom is so wonderful! I got money from my grandmother and then a great Gardening book from my Aunt Ty. I can't wait to try it out.

Sunday morning I woke up to a wonderful birthday surprise. My husband surprised me with a beautiful diamond cross necklace. I had told him not to get me anything, that we would just go to a nice dinner but he surprised me anyway. He is such a wonderful husband!! Rob's cousin Blaise joined us Sunday afternoon, he and Rob spent time in the water while I soaked up some sun.




We ate at Harbor Docks Sunday night and then Rob and Blaise went out while Allie and I went to bed.
Monday morning we woke up to it storming outside. Blaise left so Rob and I just layed around most of the day. It stormed all day on Monday. The rest of the week was absolutely beautiful. On Wednesday we went and got massages at the Edge of Paradise Day Spa, they were amazing. We hadn't had a massage since our honeymoon, and our honeymoon was the first time we had ever had one so after that we knew we had to get another one and vacation was the perfect time. We spent all of our days down on the dock fishing and soaking up the sun. Allie had a blast and has turned into a beach dog.

Pictures of our Sunsets....how gorgeous are those?!




Our beach dog! She even swam for the first time!



We had so much fun. We went out to eat every night. We went to Captain Daves which was amazing, we went to Osaka which is a japanese restaurant in Destin and it was great. We ate at the Ocean Club one night and it was amazing. We also ate at The Melting Pot which was a fun experience but I doubt I will eat there again or at least not for a long time, it was way too expensive but at least we tried it. We had fun just fishing, catching some crab and laying out, what more could you ask for!
Since this post is already long enough and you are probably tired of reading it and looking at all the pictures i am going to do a vacation post part two to sum our vacation up. Happy Reading :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS