Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Special Day

Two years ago today I got engaged! Here is the story.

First of all my mom was very sneaky and had sent the ring back to troy with my sister in a box with a shirt for Rob. My sister didn't know what was in the box except for a shirt. Mom had said it was an early Christmas present, I had no clue the ring was in the box with the shirt until later.

It all started with a call to my dad, roses and a note
On November 7,2007 I was sitting at work when I received a dozen red roses with a note that read "Dinner tonight? Love Rob." Well of course I thought this was it, he is going to propose at dinner tonight. I was so giddy the rest of the day. I get home and we head to dinner. Rob had to work that night at 11:00 so we couldn't go out of town to dinner so we just went to The Pines restaurant here in Troy. The whole dinner I am sitting there just waiting for him to pop the question. I was looking in my salad, my drink everywhere for a ring. Dinner was over and I still had no ring :(. We walked out of the restaurant and I didn't talk to Rob the whole way home. I was just thinking, how in the world could he trick me like this. We get home and he tells me that he is taking Allie(our minature dachshund) out to use the bathroom, I just said ok and headed back to the bedroom to change clothes. As I am changing clothes I hear Rob yell telling me to come in the den because Allie had something on her and he didn't know what it was. As I am walking down the hall I yell, "what in the world did you do to her." When I get in the den I look down at Allie and there is a bright shiny ring on her collar. At that point I felt bad for being mad at him. I start yelling, are you serious, are you serious. Rob gets the ring off Allie's collar and gets on one knee and proceeds to stay a bunch of sweet things that i just can't remember b/c I was too excited. He asked me to marry him and of course I said YES! After he put the ring on my finger, I am crying and running in place I was so excited. Then I proceed to call my sister to come take pictures and then I call mom my to tell her I am engaged. She knew is was coming soon but she wasn't sure when, she was thrilled. I then stayed on the phone just about all night calling all my family and friends to tell them the good news.
That was one of the best days of my life other than my wedding day. I am now married to my best friend and an amazing man. I love him with all my heart!



2 comments:

  1. i love it! sweet sweet story. i even teared up a little bit. i agree my wedding and engagement days were the happiest! baby birth-days are great but they come with too many other emotions...not just that plain ole joy of marrying your best friend! by the way...i want allie to come live with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, sweet story! I remember when you got those roses and I remember you calling me to tell me the news!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS