Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Showers, Bad News & Good News

Lately I seem to have been going to a lot of showers. I have a good friend who is getting married in May and I am in the wedding and then I have another friend who will be having a baby next month. This past weekend I headed home b/c on Saturday I had a Bridal Tea to attend and then on Sunday I had a baby shower to go to.
It was such a beautiful weekend and I always enjoy going home and spending time with my mom. Friday afternoon my mom and I did some running around to a few of the little shops at home and then Saturday morning I had the Bridal Tea. Saturday afternoon it was such a beautiful day that I went with my parents and their friends the Long's to our camp house and cooked out, we had a great time! Sunday was the baby shower and it was good to see everybody and she got a lot of cute things. Sorry I didn't take any pictures this weekend. I don't think I have anymore showers to go to for a while.


Ok so in my post I said I had some bad news. Well I guess it's only bad news to us. They are clearing the woods on the left side of our house now :(. When we first purchased our house we were surrounded by woods. You could go out on our back deck and feel like you were in the middle of the woods, it was so nice and peaceful and it was one of the reasons we bought that house. Last year we went on vacation, remember this post, and came home to a cleared lot on the right side of our house. Well here recently they have built a house in the col De sac but our woods on the left side of our house were still there. Well I went home for lunch today and now they are clearing the woods on the left side..ugh! It's just aggravating but I guess there is nothing that we can do about it. At least we still have the woods behind our house. I told Rob that the next house we buy, we are going to buy some acreage along with it so that no one can build right next to us. We have learned our lesson.



The good news that I have is that I am going to be an Aunt to two little precious babies, yes I said TWO! My sister Anna is pregnant with Twins. She is due in August. We found out at Christmas but she is just now telling everybody and now we are allowed to tell, or at least I think we are. I don't think I could keep it a secret any longer, I am so excited for them!! We can't wait to add these two little precious ones to our family!



1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS