Saturday, June 19, 2010

Our Jamaican Vacation (Part 2)!

This is what we looked at everyday, ahh I could get used to that.
During the day we would lay out and then take a dip in the ocean and then go float in the pool. It doesn't get any better than that.

Our second night there we ate dinner at Portifino which was the Italian restaurant. It was SOOO good! For our appetizer we had this thing called a mushroom pancake and it was amazing, I can't even describe it. I even took a picture of it.

Our entree was this wonderfully cooked snapper.
If you can't tell already, this was my favorite restaurant. We even went back for a second night!

We were in Jamaica from June 6th-11th. Rob's birthday was June 10th so I had to do something special. I went down to the front desk and asked if they could send a little dessert to our room for my husband's birthday, they said of course. We were about to start getting ready for dinner and there was a knock at our door. It was room service bringing Rob a piece of cake, champagne and fresh fruit. How wonderful to get to spend your birthday in Jamaica.
I made him take a picutre with his cake!
After that, we finished getting ready for dinner and headed to eat at Himitsu which was the Japanese restaurant. It was great, we had a great meal which included sushi, some chicken appetizer and shrimp fried rice.

 At this restaurant you had to make reservations if you wanted to sit at the hibachi table, Rob and I really didn't care about sitting at the hibachi table b/c once you've seen one show, you've seen them all.
After dinner that night we came back to the room and there was a knock at our door, the concierge had brought us some more champagne and some flowers for Rob's birthday. He had a very special birthday!

Nightlife at the resort was good some nights. One night they had a steel drum band which was GREAT and then one night they had things going on outside.

While we would be laying out and enjoying the sun, they had people walking around taking your drink orders. They would also bring you bottled WATA, that's right I said WATA not WATER. One day I was drinking water and I looked at the bottle and notice it said WATA not water...haha.


We had such a great vacation! We are already planning our next one. We really love going to all-inclusive resorts b/c everything is already paid for upfront. You don't pay for food or drinks, the only thing you pay for is if you want to go on an excursion. We didn't do any excursions, we just enjoyed relaxing! This was a great vacation before children come in the picture. Sorry if the posts were long, i just wanted to document everything I could think of, and I probably left some things out. It's so hard for me to post just one or two pictures. Gosh, it's gonna be bad when we have children...haha. I hope ya'll enjoyed reading about our Jamaican Vacation.

This picture was taken on our balcony the day we were leaving!

I took this picture as we were leaving the resort.


1 comment:

  1. Loving your new camera! it is awesome! you are taking some beautiful pics -

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS