Thursday, July 8, 2010

The 4th!!

We had a pretty good 4th of July weekend. I was SO excited that Rob had off work all weekend, it was nice having a holiday weekend that he didn't have to work. So on Friday we headed to the beach, to Destin, FL. My parents were already down there, 4th of July weekend and the week following the 4th is usually our family vacation. This year we couldn't stay for family vacation b/c we already had taken our trip to Jamaica. My sister Sara was already down there too. We got to Destin Friday evening and around 8:00 we all headed out to eat at my favorite place Louisianna Lagniappe! I love it. We had such a wonderful dinner.

Saturday was absolutely beautiful. Rob had to help my dad replace a post on our dock that morning. Allie and I headed down to the dock to see what they were doing and Allie was whining like crazy b/c her daddy was in the water. As Rob was walking up in the water to the shore, Allie followed him and jumped off our dock and went straight for the water and swam to him. It was hilarious. Later we tried to get her to do it again, but she wouldn't. We think that she forgot what water was and once she was in the water she didn't have any other choice but to swim...haha. Allie is definitely a beach dog, she LOVES being outside at the beach. We layed in the sun most of the afternoon and then enjoyed a beautiful sunset that evening with a cocktail in hand. We headed up to the house for dinner. My parents had prepared boiled shrimp, broiled snapper and twice baked potatoes, I could eat this meal every night I think and not get tired of it, it was SOOO delicious!


It was so nice spending time with family for the 4th. We just couldn't stay long enough. Hope everyone had a great and safe 4th!!


1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS