Friday, October 21, 2011

Coming Home!

We were in the hospital until Thursday morning. One of our friends Anna is a nurse at the hospital and she was our discharge nurse. We couldn't believe that we were actually going home as a family of three. It was a very exciting and somewhat scary day. Not scary as in bad, but just we are now in charge of this little person.We got things packed up, got Jack dressed in his going home daygown. My great aunt Patsy made the daygown. She made them for my sister Anna's twins. Anna sent me the gown that Cole & William wore home. We are just going to pass it down between the boys in the family. It was so crazy loading Jack into the car and driving off with him, he was really ours :).
 My mom went and stayed at our house Wednesday night so she could already be there when we got home on Thursday. She left on that Friday, so we had the weekend to ourselves and then she came back the following Monday and stayed the whole week. It was SO wonderful having her here. She cooked, cleaned and helped me with Jack. She even let me get out of the house one day to go get a pedicure. She is absolutely wonderful, I don't know if I could have made it without her especially since this parent thing is new to me and Rob, it was great having mom around to visit with and if I had any questions she was right there. I was sad to see her leave at the end of the week, but I knew it was time for us to try this parent thing on our own. Here are a few more pictures, I hope you enjoy. I'm trying to catch up on all my posts.
Daygown

getting my son ready to go home

daddy putting me in my carseat

Allie waiting on us to come home
Finally home!
Allie checking out this new little person that is in her house

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS