Friday, January 8, 2016

A New Year...most difficult post I have ever written



So I haven't posted in a while. Life just got too busy. Let's see I haven't posted since Mother's day of 2014 and here we are about to head in to 2016.

2014 was a good year for us, we had our baby girl Alice in March 2014 and Jack turned 3 in September of 2014.



2015 was one of the most difficult years EVER and in ways I am glad to see it go. In January of 2015 we found out the cancer that my mother had been battling for eight years was getting no better and that she had decided against any more treatment. As hard as that was to hear, her body just couldn't take it any more and she wanted to enjoy what time she had left with those she loved. The weekend of Valentine's Day we had a girls weekend in Monroeville. We had such a great time talking, laughing, watching home videos from our childhood and most of all just being together.

In March of 2015 our Alice girl turned 1. Although mom didn't feel up to coming, we got to talk to her over the phone and my dad was able to come help celebrate.


After Alice's first birthday things were taking a turn for the worst with mom. They decided to call hospice in to make things easier. Me and my sisters went home as much as we could.We are forever grateful for my mom's best friend and our Aunt Ty for always being at mom's side. During this time as my mom's health was deteriorating, my dad's health rapidly went down and he was rushed to the ER in Monroeville and then transported to Birmingham. He is doing much better now. Me and my sisters were going through so much at this time.
In the early morning of April 12, 2015 our mother peacefully passed away. We were all at home. We were able to tell mom multiple times how much we loved her and just be by her side.

My mom is such a part of me. I'm so used to calling her several times a day just to talk and tell each other about our days. If I needed any advice she was my go to person. I feel absolutely LOST without her.  Up until just a couple of days before she passed away, she could still talk to us and tell us she loved us. So much has been going on in our lives that I have just wanted to pick up the phone and tell her about, so many moments she is missing. Although she is not missing them, she is just viewing them from a different place. In lots of ways, you want to ask why, why did this happen to our mother?! Why did this happen to one of the best people I know?! There is no answer. God is the only one who knows why! As much as I miss her and want her here, I am thankful to have had 34 years with her. I think what makes me so incredibly sad is that my babies will not know what a truly AMAZING MaeMae they had. They will know from us talking about her and from pictures but they will not truly get to experience the MaeMae that my mother wanted to be. Life is different now and it always will be. But I rest in the fact we will see her again one day. She is free from her pain and suffering. I am thankful for my sisters, I am thankful for my precious daddy. I am thankful for my husband and children who keep me going every day.

"When you die, that does not mean that you lose to cancer, You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the manner in which you live" ~Stuart Scott~
Our mother was one of those extraordinary people. She had faith and lots of it, she knew where she was going.







It is now on to a new year. As my sister Sara said over on her blog, it will be tough because this will the first full year without our mother. We just have to hold onto our faith and each other and we will make it through.

This year Jack will turn 5 and Alice will turn 2. My where does the time go?! They keep us so busy and are so much fun.
Hopefully I can do better blogging in 2016 to keep friends and family updated!






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS