Wednesday, March 2, 2011

January 27, 2011

You may be wondering why the title to my post my post is January 27, 2011. Well that day was a very big/special day for us. After many many prayers we found out that we are PREGNANT!!! That's right we are pregnant!!

On the afternoon of January 27th the doctors office called me while I was still at work and told me the good news. They called around 2 and Rob got off at 3. I couldn't just call him and tell him over the phone, I had been waiting too long to tell him this news so I had to tell him in person. Ever since we had started trying to get pregnant I have been holding onto this bib that says "I love daddy" to give Rob whenever we found out that we were pregnant. I left work early so that Rob could get home and then I could show up after him. I got home, jumped out of the car and ran in the house holding the bib and yelled WE'RE PREGNANT! Rob jumped up and we hugged and we both had tears in our eyes, we just couldn't believe it.


Now I had to go ahead and tell my family, I just couldn't keep that news from them. My grandmother's (my mom's mom)birthday was January 28th and my mom had gone to Birmingham for the weekend. So I thought perfect, both my sisters live there and my mom will be there, what a perfect time to get everyone together and tell them all at once. So I told them that I had a doctor's appointment Saturday morning in Birmingham and then I was going to go by Anna's to see her and the twins and that I would love to see everybody else while I was there for the afternoon. So I went over to Anna's and hung out with her and the twins and then my mom and grandmother came over and then Sara came and brought lunch. While we were all sitting around I said "Hey mom, let me show you this pretty picture I took the other day", she said "ok". So she put her glasses on not knowing what she was about to see. When she looked at my camera, this is what she saw:

It took her a minute and she was just sitting there crying, and Anna was like, "let me see" and grabbed the camera from mom and yelled "Shut Up" and hugged me. Then Sara was like " Can I see the camera" she looked at the picture and said "Well I should have known". And I got this all on video so that I have everyone's reaction. I then called my dad on the phone to tell him and he was thrilled! It was all very exciting! Everyone was so happy.

I still can't believe it! This has been a long and trying journey but now we are going to get to bring a little one into this world. Rob and I couldn't be happier and more excited! I am 9 weeks now and Baby Mosley is due around the beginning of October. This is going to be one LOVED baby. I have always said that I feel like I was put on this earth to be a mother. I feel like I have always had the motherly type personality. I can't wait to see what this wonderful journey has in store for us.


"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


4 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! Congratulations!!! That is so awesome. Billy and I are both so happy for you guys. I'm sure you two are beside yourselves. I hope that you have been feeling well. Hopefully you are past most of the bad part of it. I'm finally starting to really get a belly and along with the belly my tiredness is coming back. I'm on the home stretch though. 3 months to go.

    Enjoy this time though; it really does go by so quickly. You will be surprised how fast. xoxo, Cristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh mary alice! I am Sooooo excited for you! I had no idea ya'll were trying! This is gonna be so fun! I can not wait to hear every detaiL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for y'all!! Can't wait to meet Baby Mosley!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to tell you again...I'm SO excited for you. You're going to be the best mommy! And, January 27, 2011 was a great day...the day Cole was born too! Congrats again to you & Rob! Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS