Friday, June 3, 2011

Getting things ready!

Rob and I have started getting things ready for our little man. I was having trouble sleeping at night, I couldn't sleep. All I could think about was all the things that we needed to get done before baby boy gets here. So the other weekend, we got started. We cleaned out both guest bedroom closets, oh my gosh I didn't know I had so much stuff. The room where the nursery is going to be, I threw away some things, got Rob to take a few things to the attic and then I will give some things to Goodwill. The things I wanted to keep in the house were moved to the other guest bedroom closet. Well, that closet holds all my wedding gifts that I don't have a place for right now, so I had to straighten all that out in order to fit in all these other things. It was a little overwhelming at first, but we got it done. Jack's closet is all cleaned out and ready for him. He's even got a few outfits hanging in there already.

Our little man's crib came in about a week ago and I was so excited! It came during the week so I wasn't going to ask Rob to take it out and put it together when he got off work, I was going to try and wait until he was ready, being as he had to do most of the work. And in order for this crib to be put together, Rob had to take apart 2 beds, the beds in both guest bedrooms. He also had to put one of those beds back together in the other guest bedroom that way we could go ahead and put the crib in the nursery. And then after he did that he had to put the crib together. Lots of work! I got home and Rob knew that I was going to be excited/ready to get it put together and see what it looked like, and as I was sitting there he was like, ok let's get started. I was thrilled! I think he was a little excited about it too. Once we got all that done, the crib looks great, I LOVE IT! It is crazy to walk in that room now and see a baby crib. Every morning I walk in there and just look at it, thinking about my baby boy that will be sleeping in there soon. Here a few pictures of my wonderful husband putting together our sons crib.

The final product...I am so happy with this crib, I love it!

His bedding also came in last week and now this week the mattress came in. So the crib is ready to go! I have washed the bedding and it's already on the bed. Now I am waiting on a dresser/changing table, I am getting that from home. The dresser that was in my sisters room is getting refinished and painted for us to put in our nursery, hopefully it won't be too long before that gets finished. Rob and I are going to register this weekend and get that out of the way also we are going to order a glider. I am so happy that this nursery is coming together I still have to get stuff to hang on the walls. I am trying to be on top of things, I want everything done before he gets here and it's less I have to worry about. Once things are done I will post pictures of the final look of the nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS