Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Eight Months and First Beach Trip!

Our sweet boy turned 8 months old on Sunday, I can't believe it. He is only four months away from turning a year old. Time please slow down just a little, your going way too fast!


He is so much fun and has such a cute little personality. He laughs and smiles a lot and is a pretty content baby unless he's tired or hungry.



He still sleeps great through the night, we are SO thankful for that. We put him down around 6:30 sometimes a little earlier and he sleeps til about 6:15-6:30 in the morning. I don't go in his room and get him until around 6:30 so I can get myself ready and his bottles ready for the day. If he wakes up before I come in there, which he usually does, then he just lays there and plays and talks.

He is still in a size 3 diaper. He is wearing 6-9 month sleepers and pretty much all 9 month clothes.

He sits up great these days and loves to sit on the floor and play with his toys. He has learned to jump in his jumperoo and loves it most of the time. As soon as we put him in it, he jumps like crazy.

He gets excited when Rob or I walk by him, he thinks we are always going to pick him up and he gets sad if we don't. I love when I go pick him up from daycare, he gets a huge smile on his face and holds his hands out when he sees me...melts my heart!



He eats baby food like a champ. Everything he has tried, he likes. He eats 4 bottles a day all which are about 6oz. He's a good eater :)!! We tried some puffs for the first time and he did NOT like them at all. His face was hilarious and then he got choked, not fun. So we are going to lay off those for a while.
He still has no teeth, surely he will get them one day ;)!

We have tried the sippy cup a few times. I put water in it and he loves it. I think when it gets time to transition from the bottle to the sippy cup we won't have any problems, but you never know. He loves when I have a cup or bottle of water, he loves drinking out of it. It's really cute.

Not quite sure how much he weighs. We go for his 9 month check up next month. He was sick a few weeks ago and we had to take him to the doc, they weighed him then and he was 17lbs 3oz.

Jack loves Allie and Allie loves Jack!!

He loves crossing his feet. Whenever he is sitting or laying down, you will usually catch him with his feet crossed. It's the funniest thing.


He is babbling all the time now. Sometimes it sounds like he is saying "Mama" but who knows. We will wave to him and say "bye bye" and sometimes he will repeat. I don't think he realizes what he's doing though.

I really just can't believe how much he has changed over these past 8 months and how fast it is going. I just keep thinking he is going to change so much more in these next 4 months. We are enjoying every moment with him. The love we have for our little boy is indescribable. I can't even to begin to try and describe how much joy he has brought to our lives. We love you so much little buddy......love your Mama & DaDa!!





This past weekend for Memorial Day, Jack and I headed to Destin with my parents.
Beautiful Sunset on the bay!!

 Rob unfortunately had to work so he missed out this time. This was Jack's first time going to the beach. We got there Saturday morning. It was a great trip, Jack is such a good traveler. We usually try to leave around one of his nap times and he will usually sleep the whole way :). I fed Jack and then we took a blanket out on our dock and set up his toys. He loved sitting outside and playing and just taking in all the sites. He enjoyed playing with his MaeMae!!
Heading to the beach!!!
Having fun with MaeMae!!!


For some reason he was really fussy while we were there. He only wanted me. He has never done that before and it was very strange. He would sit on the floor and play with my mom as long as I wasn't in the room but as soon as he would see me he would start fussing for me to pick him up. Of course I love that he wants me, but just not all the time and he only wanted me to walk around with him. If my mom wanted to play or do anything with him, I would have to leave the room. Hopefully it was just because he was in a new place, I hope this isn't a phase he is going through.




Who needs toys when you have tupperware to play with!!

While at the beach we blew up the baby pool and put Jack in it for the first time. I knew he would love it and he did. He sat there and just splashed around. We put a toy in there but he didn't care much for it, he just enjoyed splashing. This was is first time in any kind of water other than the bath tub. I loved seeing him in his little swimsuit.



I love my Papa!!!


Enjoying playing on the dock!

I bathed him in the sink for the first time and he loved it!!


Monday morning before we left, we tried getting a few pictures of him down by the water. He was not in the mood to smile. Mom and I were dancing, jumping and making funny noises, anything we could do to try to make him smile but he was not having it. He was more interested in looking around....haha. I think he knows when we are trying to take his picture!




We had fun at the beach and enjoyed being with my parents. We can't wait to go back soon, when Rob can go. I'm sure we will make lots of fun family memories at the beach!!


P.S.....A little picture overload in this post. When doing a post it's so hard to pick and choose which pictures to put up bc I think all of them are so cute. I tried to cut it down a little. I know most of you only really care about the pictures any way :)!!


1 comment:

  1. My friend's baby is around the same age as Jack and he has been going through the same thing...if she is in the room, he wants no one else but her! I'm sure it's just a phase! Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS