Saturday, May 5, 2012

Seven Months!!

Ok, I know, I am a week behind on getting Jack's monthly post up, I'm sorry. I sit at a computer all day at work so when I get home I don't want to sit at the computer any more.

I can't believe my baby is 7 months old. He is so much fun these days and has a great personality!!
 
 
 
 
 
  • He is wearing 6 and 6-9 month sleepers, 6 and sometimes 9 month onesies and 6 month pants. He is growing so fast!

  • He is wearing a size 3 diaper. Hopefully he will stay here for a while.

  • He has now learned to sit up and is sitting up good. Before, he would always fall forward or back. Now he can sit and play with his toys without falling over. He has so much better body control. It's amazing how these things seem to happen over night!




 
  • He is still eating stage 1 baby food but will be moving to stage 2 very soon. He is still taking one 7oz bottle in the morning, oatmeal and a container of stage 1 fruit around 8am then another bottle around 10:30 or 11, with this bottle he will usually only drink about 4-5oz. Then he eats half of one veggie and half of another veggie for lunch, then a bottle around 3. Then he eats a bottle right before bed time. He has done great with trying new foods!

  • We tried the sippy cup for the first time this month. He did good for about a second then he wasn't interested in it anymore so I transferred the formula to the bottle to finish his feeding. At least he tried. We will keep trying. I'm not really worried about him not taking a sippy cup right now, I just want to introduce him to every now and then so that when we do have to transistion from the bottle to the sippy cup it will make it easier.
  • He still sleeps great and has since around three months old. We are so lucky to have a great sleeper. I am worried that when we have another one we might not be so lucky in the sleep dept. It's funny how when you are going through the newborn phase, you think you will never sleep again and then all of a sudden they start sleeping through the night and it's the most wonderful thing. At least that's the way it was for me.
  • He is babbling more these days, it's so fun to hear all the sounds he makes. He also likes to spit and stick out his tounge. He's a funny little boy!

  • He loves to grab for things. He is grabbing for everything now. When we put him in his jumperoo he doesn't jump but just sits and plays with all the toys attached to it. I am not sure why he doesn't jump, he is always kicking his legs like crazy but still doesn't like to put pressure on his legs. It's the strangest thing. I'm not worrying about it too much because just like everything else, it will be one of those things that just happens over night!

  • He knows who Rob and I are and gets so excited when one of us walks into the room. When I pick him up from daycare and he sees me, he gets so excited. That always melts my heart and makes me happy :)! He loves his daycare ladies, Mrs. Betsy and Mrs. Dana! They are amazing! It's so nice to be able to leave him with someone who really cares about him. It makes it a lot easier to leave him every day. If I had my choice, I would choose to stay home with him but since I am not able to do that, it's nice knowing that wonderful people are taking care of him.

  • I'm not sure how much he weighs now. At his 6 month check up I think he was about 16lbs so I would guess he's about 17 now if not close to it.
  • He is getting so much heavier in his carrier(car seat). When I have to lift that thing with him in it, it's getting harder these days. Now that he has good body control I will probably just leave the car set in the car and get him out of it and carry him in places.

  • He can now give a high five. He learned this at daycare and now whenever you hold your hand up and say "Jack give me a high five", he lifts his hand and touches yours. It's the cutest thing. I will post a video soon of him doing it.

  • He loves to chew on everything and is drooling like crazy. He has no teeth yet, but I'm sure he's not too far away from getting them.

 
 
Jack, you bring so much joy to our lives. I have no idea what we did before you. You are so much fun these days, you are growing so fast! It's so fun for your dad and I to watch you grow! Your such a sweet and content little boy. We love you with all our heart!!!
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS