Thursday, July 14, 2011

I have a new nephew!


William Edwin Gresham was born Friday, June 24, 2011. I don't remember the exact time, it was around 11:45pm. It all happened so fast. I talked to Anna earlier that afternoon to find out how she was feeling. She said she was having contractions, which she had been for a while now, but she said that these felt different. She told me she was going to the hospital around 3:30 to get monitored and to see what was going on. I called her when I got off work at 5 to see if I needed to head that way to watch the twins. She said they had sent her home b/c she wasn't progressing at all. So I figured I would just wait until the next day to see how everything was. I got a call around 10:30 pm and it was Anna, in extreme pain, saying that they were heading to the hospital and that Sara was with the babies. Well if any of you know my sister Sara, I knew she was freaking out knowing that she was in charge of the twins. I called Sara and she was doing ok, luckily the twins were asleep and they do sleep through the night. She was just worried about the next morning if Anna and Cole had to stay at the hospital. I got a text around 11:35ish saying that Anna was already at 5cm and then about 10 min later I got another text with a picture saying that he was here. I couldn't believe it, I don't think Anna and Cole could believe it either. It went really fast!! I talked to Anna shortly after and she sounded great!

None of us were in Birmingham b/c no one knew that William would be making his grand entrance into the world so early. We all headed to Birmingham early Saturday morning. I got there first and headed straight to Anna and Cole's house to help Sara with the twins. My mom and dad went straight to the hospital to meet their new grandson. Sara did a GREAT job with the twins, we put them down for a nap and my cousin Julie and Katie came over to sit while Sara and I headed to the hospital to meet our new nephew.
William is so cute and perfect. He made the cutest little noises. Anna looked great too, she has looked great after both of her births. Mama and baby were doing well.
We went back to Anna's that evening to spend time with the twins. I can't believe how big they are getting and I can't believe they will be a year old soon. Time sure does go by fast. You know I couldn't leave Birmingham without getting a few pictures of these two.

Ellen and Cole have such cute little personalities now. They are so much fun and just too darn cute not to post tons of pictures of them. They make the cutest little subjects. I could just eat them up. Anna, Cole and William came home from the hospital that Sunday. I stayed around for a little while to visit with them at home and then I headed back to Troy. I will be going back up there in about 2wks for the twins 1st birthday :)! Anna and Cole are such great parents and I couldn't be happier for them. I can't wait to watch all my babies grow. This is such an exciting time in our family, having all these babies around. Seeing William made me so excited about Jack being here, I can't wait! Here are a few more pictures of William.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS